Saturday 27 February 2010

Bling Mermaid


Did I tell you I love these stamps? I have sooooo many colour combos going through my head that I want to try as they look different each time :D

This is my 2nd Bind it All book this week. Didnt do my usual ribbon on the coils bit this time as I didnt want to overload it. The image took about 2 hours to colour as you need to add some bits whilst its wet and some whilst dry. I used a technique called feather blending which involves blending two colours together. I've done this on the tail fin and around the moon (It could be a sun I guess!) Promarkers are not really designed for this technique, wrong kind of nib so the blended bits I switched to copics.

The book is covered with starburst stains which I thought went well with the blue/green of the image and adds more sparkle. I painted on shimmerz pixie dust on the green strands of hair, eyes, tail and clothes. The frames are a nestie, its the only nestie I own and hate it but crafty catz wanted fancy frames and I dont have anything else lol!
The additional butterflies are a magenta stamp which is almost brand new *blush* Must have had it 3 years lol! I coloured with promarkers and copics and painted over with shimmerz. This is very very sparkly with the starburst stains, shimmerz and sparkle ribbon.

Really enjoyed colouring this one :D

Crafts and Me should be getting a delivery of some more Sweet Pea stamps this week so keep checking and grab while you can as they go very very quickly! Can't wait to get my mitts on some more as they're so much fun to colour :D

I'm entering this into...

Fussy & Fancy Friday - Movies (Mermaidia)

Crafty Catz - Fancy edges & Ribbon

My Time to Craft - In the frame






20 comments:

Josephine said...

You've been busy this weekend! They're all lovely and this one is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Vix...I really love the technique...and effect...
x
Vicky

Claire said...

Love the book, and the colouring is amazing, great effects
Claire xx

Juls said...

unbelivably stunning!! Love the striking colour combo! The way you have used the ribbon is awsome! and I Just love the butterflies and all the shimmer! Hugs Juls

The Stamp Man said...

Love the colours you have used and the colouring is brilliant, no wonder it took a long time to make. I bet it is really shimmery in real life.

Jill

Dotpat said...

Love this Vix, I have just got some of these stamps but have not had time to try them yet

Teresa said...

This is fantastic Vix I love the ribbons and butterflies look amazing, I can see why it took you so long to colour but you have done an amazing job.
luv Teresa xx

paola said...

STUNNING! what i wouldnt do for some of these sweet peas myself, you know what we get in SA, leaves a lot to be desired.
smiles
Paola

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous book! I love your coloring and the beautiful color scheme you used. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Jackie Randolph said...

Gorgeous notebook! Your colouring is fabulous and I can see why it takes two hours, just stunning!

Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy & Fancy.

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning. Your colouring is amazing. I love all the shimmer and glimmer. The stamp is beautiful too.
Clare x

carol said...

hiya..so pretty, the image is so beautiful, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

Alexandra Lundgren said...

ok- THIS is amazing! I absolutely LOVE what you did with the image- just perfect!!!

Daniele said...

what a gorgous card just love those colours thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous
Thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

hazel said...

Beautiful book Vix, I love it. xxx

Dragon said...

Hi I am finally getting round to catching up on my blogs so thanks so much for your very generous comments. Please feel free to join in the TIO challenge, which is now back up and running. Very interesting,stunning and pretty work here on your blog...
Frankie
xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous - can't wait for my Sweet Pea stamps to arrive. xx

Marion said...

Oh wow Vix, This is stunning. Love the book. Gorgeous colours.
Marion

Juanita said...

Gorgeous notebook, your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.