Sunday 21 February 2010

Spring challenge card


I decided to have a little change of technique just to see! My skin tones and hair are usually blended very closely but I wanted to try a less blended look with more definition between colours as Ive seen this style around which kinda reminds me of an oil painted technique so here's the result! Might try it a few more times on different images, I think it would work better maybe on cute stamps like magnolia or vintage people, I will have to tinker!

Image is Autumn Fairy (Digi) by The Greetings Farm. DP's are DCWV and not sure what the white one with the tiny flowers is, bought it locally and down to my last sheet.
Again I'm a tad short on yellow stuff in general so the ribbon is my trusty old white satin colored with the canary promarker.
Background I've coloured with adirondack lemonade and distress ink in peeled paint and stamped the flowers from Tracey Coates' butterfly beauties plate in the corner. I think this is my most favouritest corner stamp ever! Sentiment is also from the same plate.

Promarker Recipe:

Skin - Ivory, Almond, Blush, Vanilla, Oatmeal
Hair - Ivory, Vanilla, Sandstone, Cinnamon, Chestnut
Wings - Primrose, Canary, Gold, Copic spica clear
Dress - Meadow, Leaf, Grass, Emerald




I'm entering this into....

I love Promarkers - Sketch & Spring

Passion for Promarkers - Buttons n Bows

A Spoonful of Sugar - Springtime

My Time to Craft - Green & 1 (Green & Yellow)

The Pink Elephant - Ribbon

Stamp Something - Touch of Spring
Corrosive Challenge #52 - Wings

Pile it On - Flowers (DP's are flowery)
Thanks for looking and for any feedback particularly on the skin tone change of style :)

22 comments:

Debbie Dolphin said...

gorgeous just love the colouring its perfect.know what you mean about being short of certain colours!!!
debbie

Ida / Little said...

What wonderful shades on your image! :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

Hugs Ida

Karen said...

Very nice Vixykins, lovely colouring and I love the image too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

cockney blonde said...

Colouring looks great Vix, x

Kim x said...

Hi Vixs love stamp and the colours.
Love Kimx

Kristie W. said...

Great card, love your coloring!

Rose said...

This is gorgeous! I think your coloring is beautiful! Love the colors you used on this card, as well! Just stunning!!

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is awesome. I particularly like the way you've coloured the hair! Great colour scheme and papers. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Cheryl said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog!

I love this image and how you colored her. I think the less blended style works really well here. Thank you for reminding me I can color my ribbons with my markers. I always forget.

Wiccababe said...

absolutely beautiful
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

LORi said...

What a beautiful card!!
Thanks so much for joining us at TPE this week!!

HUGS - LORi

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card. Gorgeous colouring of the image and love the papers also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

LISA said...

What a fabulous card !!
love these papers and sweet image.. Thanks for joining this week at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Hugs Lisa xx

Lisa said...

I love the shading VIx. It's more of an impression of the colours rather than your usual precise blending. I'm going to have a go at it later on. And wow, what a lot of challenges to enter with one card, impressed!!!!

WeirdCat said...

Fantastic card, the colouring is exceptional,I am jealous! Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
Ruth x

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, beautiful colours and fab work with the fairy.
luv
Debby

Suzanne said...

Hi this is gorgeous I love this image thanks for joining us at PFP this week Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is soo gorgeous!! LOVE your coloring and your yellow colors!! Such a beautiful image!! HUGs

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Gorgeous and I do soo love the image! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is lovely and your coloring is gorgeous!!
Blessings, Maria

Chelsea said...

Beautiful card Vix. The skin tone and hair color is just perfect. I love the way you use your promarkers. ~Chelsea

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's stunning! your colouring is really beautiful!