Thursday 25 March 2010

The Stampmans new Glamour Lady

Here's the Glamour Lady from The Stampman's new plate designed by Tracey Coates. She has a solid dress so you can have a lot of fun with embossing powders, foils, glitters and imagination.

I never know what colour mood I'm going to be in on any given day and todays mood is blue and lavender so I used my Starburst Stains from the Icicle Creek set which are a wonderfully pale collection as I wanted a strong contrast with the dress. I made a scrunch background and covered a blank card base. To flatten this out more use a wetish glue like pva or a pritt stick and push the crinkles down. I then used a piece of black card embossed with the new Jules Jewells embossing folder for the lower half.
I used the icicle creek set again to make a piece of card to stamp on, I do this by puddling the Starburst stains so just paint a base coat on of any colour starburst stain and add blots of other colours and use your heat gun to push the colours around. This will give you a nice flat surface to stamp directly onto.

I stamped and embossed the Glamour Lady with moonglow midnight sapphire embossing powder (These really are gorgeous powders!) and I've restamped the lady separately using a glue pad and added glitter, cut it out and stuck it over the embossed one. I've edged round with a light and dark blue and overstamped again with the dark blue using the fab circles you get on the plate in the corners.

On the dress I've added some feathers which come with a gem and the flap on the dress is a prima flower folded over so it sticks up a bit. I shaded the lady in with a skin toned promarker.

Hope you check out Traceys new sheet over at The Stampman as you get so many stamps in this set to use (the sentiment is also from it) and a range of styles too.


7 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Wow she is so glam!! Just love have you have embossed and used glitter on her and the added feather and gems make her perfect!!! Love it xxx

Debbie Dolphin said...

gorgeous vix.I did this one last night too.Taking it ino work for jill today.Took pics so will blog tonight.In a rush now as usual but yours is absolutely stunning.
love deb xxxx

cockney blonde said...

A stunning card Vix. Love that image and what you've done to it, x

The Stamp Man said...

Fantastic ideas on this card Vix, I especially love her glitter dress and the idea of the folded flower as was said she is very glam!! Brilliant!

Jill x

Unknown said...

This is fab Vix, love it - love the feathers, they are to die for, well done, congrats on getting on the Promarkers DT xx

Leigh said...

Stunning!!!! You've done well with this one Vix.

Chelsea said...

This is super unique and so creative! Love it so much! ~Chelsea