Friday 23 April 2010

Exotic Halloween

Hellooooo! I'm running a tad late this week but am managing to catch up at last! Today I want to show you Ching-Chou's design "Exotic Halloween" which is from plate 11 available in the UK via CRAFTS & ME. I actually think this one has an ever so pretty face and really won't be limited to using in October.
I've coloured her with Promarkers, a little tip I picked up from from Randi in colouring in the candle is to continue colouring your image behind is as normal but with a lighter hand then go over the candle area several times with the colourless blender. I've also then added sakura stardust in clear all around the candle and the inside I went over with a copic spica clear pen. I've also added sakura stardust highlights in clear and orange and also the sakura glaze pen over the eyes and lips.

The background I've coloured with promarkers adding lots of the blender then colour then running it in with my finger for a nice subtle blend.

I've made a gatefold ATC and the panels are made with starburst stains which I've run through the cuttlebug using the divine swirls embossing folder. The door handles were large white sticky pearls i've coloured with black diamond stickles.

I make lots of ATC's this time of year as I go to the Port Sunlight stamp show which is on May 8th so if you're outside about 1pm I'll have several sweet pea ones available to trade :) Can't miss me, black hair with plum streaks, black boots with bright pink laces :D




11 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Love it Vix. Sorry won't be at PS as we're away that weekend but enjoy and don't spend too much, lol, x

Neet said...

Gorgeous as usual Vix - must find some time to play with Promarkers. When I grow up I want to be as good as you with them (tee hee from an old lady).
Have a great weekend - might see you Sunday as Saturday is Aintree show.

Diamond Doll said...

Hi Vix,this is gorgeous,thanx for the tip on colouring.PS i will swap the Sweetpea Atc with you i also have another one which you can find HERE
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Dotpat said...

OOOOOOOOO Keep one for me please Vix, I will be there, love this one you have done

Cath Wilson said...

Great colouring, Vix. Have a great weekend! Wish I could be there. Love to Jill :)

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, this is so beautiufl. I love the embossed swirls and your coloring is so pretty. Hugs!

Angela said...

Vix, this is just gorgeous!! I lvo the way you colored her!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Spyder said...

Love this, great colours of course!
(Lyn)

CraftyC said...

Wow, this is stunning, what a gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

I love this design, and really nice idea to have her behind closed door card :D

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Beautifully coloured. Lynne M x