Wednesday 26 May 2010

Crafts and Me challenge #5 - Distressing

Its challenge time again at Crafts and Me blog and we're looking for distressing on your projects. There is a fab prize up for grabs from Clevercut too!

For this challenge I chose Black Rose Fairy which you will find at Crafts and Me here. She's coloured with promarkers with highlights using sakura stardust pens on the wings and roses. The background is, well its either moonshadow burnished brass or starburst stains cocoa bean coffee lol! I make batches and store them and forget what I've used so I suspect its the starburst stains which you can find here. I glued a sheet to a piece of card and distressed the edges with scissors. The pinky paper is core-dinations which I've cuttlebugged with the jules jewells folder and distressed with sandpaper. The centre panel is labels 4 and I've used gold mirri card and core-dinations which I've inked with vintage photo and scratched bits off.
The cute little tag stamp is from here
I've also added lots of iridescent sticky gems and on the belt I've used gold leafing foil - well even with vintage I've gotta have a bit of bling bling!

I hope you can come and join us at Crafts and Me for our distressed challenge which runs for two weeks.

Entering this into...

Passion for Promarkers - Anything goes
Totally Gorjuss - Bling it on
C.R.A.F.T - Birthdays
Stamp Something - 2 of something (Images, nesties, its an easel so 2 faces etc)





24 comments:

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous card Vix
many thanks for joining in with our anniversary celebrations at pfp this week and fingers crossed for winning one of those fantastic prizes
Debbi
xx

Meesh said...

Ooooh, This is gorgeous, Vix! You're too clever! xx

Josephine said...

Gorgeous, Vix!

Tracy said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining in with our PfP anniversary challenge, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Teresa said...

Vix this is a stunning card I love the backgrounds you have used they really stand out.
Thank you for your help today again!
Luv Teresa x

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining us on our blogaversary challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

gina g said...

Beautiful Vix lovely image and so beautifully coloured. luv gina xx

Crafteezee said...

Hi Hun, you know I just love everything about this card. Love the distressed background, flowers and def going to check out those tickets. Thanks again for all your help, you will be rewarded in heaven. Hugs Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Vix, the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP. Sue C x

angelwhispers said...

Love your take on the distressed theme the colours are beautiful!! xx Chanelle

Julie said...

Stunnning card, Vix and awesome colouring as always!! That rose is just too perfect! Thanks for joining as at PfP this week and good luck with the draw! Juliex

Christine Riley said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! Lovely coloring and I love your layout!
Hugs, Christine

Dotpat said...

Gorgeous Vix what else can I say

crafty amy said...

Vix yet again you have blown me away. That is a gorgeous effect for the backing paper I love it :D
Will email you back tomorrow sorry ment to do it earlier but got dragged away from the computer back into the real world.
Huge hugs

Amy xx

precious said...

I like the idea of this card! This is so awesome. The colors are so cool to the eyes.
dining room sets

Emma said...

Beautiful card Vix, gorgeous image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Squirrel x said...

Blingtastic creation hun! Thanks for playing along at TG this week. Hugs, Squirrel xxx

Neet said...

Fab as always Vix - and I just love those roses - don't tell me you made them as well.

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Fabolous card and love your colouring.
Thanks for joining us for the PfP anniversary challenge, good luck.
Hugs Anja

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Vix, what a gorgeous card. Love the beautiful image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our anniversary challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Debs said...

another stunning card chick....thanks for joining us for our anniversary celebrations at PFP ... good luck!! ...Debs

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful easel card! Love the gold accents and that pretty image. Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something this week. :)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Gorgeous piece! I love the image and the colors...the distressing...marvelous! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Vix and I love how you've coloured in the image. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x