Monday 3 May 2010

Crafty Cardmakers #20 - Distressed!

Our challenge this fortnight over at Crafty Cardmakers is a nice easy one (for some!) which is to use some kind of distressing. I think the team have pretty much covered most techniques or you can always have an evening in with Sir Tim and you tube watching the ranger channel here!

We are also joined by a very special guest amongst the cardmaking elite (or boss lady to me!) Mrs Stampman - Jill Tuck who are also kindly sponsoring us!

For this challenge I have gone back to a very old favourite of mine called Celestial Dreams by Stamp Oasis. I call her my lucky stamp as whenever I submitted a card to a mag using it I was published and whenever I entered into a competition I won, its paid me back 20 fold :D I have several of this range of stamp as they're all so pretty and very Vixy!

OK I shall start with the background which I used distress inks by swiping spun sugar over the card then dabbing pumice stone and victorian velvet direct to the paper then just to spread the ink out a little I used a water spray which I'd mixed with mica magic gold reinker for some sparkle (I can't help it my cards NEED sparkle!)

The cuttlebug background I made with the victorian velvet, embossed it then swiped the pumice stone inkpad over the embossing (and sprayed again!) The text at the bottom is by funstamps which is on crumpled paper swiped with an inkpad (spun sugar) then swiped again with victorian velvet very lightly, sprayed and ironed.

Image was coloured with promarkers with lots of sakura stardust as highlights and I've used gold leafing foil on the stars and glamour dust on the moon. I've also used the distress inks to do the colour streaking around the image although I've snapped both ends of my colorbox stylus and all my tips have fallen off as I'm quite heavy handed so I had to use cut n dry foam which doesn't quite give it the same wow (Guess what I'm after at Port Sunny!) Its based on the stampscapes streaking technique you'll find here!

Also entering into...

Quixotic Paperie - How Distressing!

Lots to do - Faces

Thanks for looking!




Thought i'd also show you what my little un has been up to today. We got a Betty Crocker cake mix, started as a disaster as I was getting the things out for Ethan and literally turned my back for 2 seconds to get a fork and he dropped a box of 6 eggs everywhere aaargh! Firtunately I had another pack so he managed to get on with it very well and wasd absolutely pleased as punch when it came out of the oven and waited patiently for it to cool so he could decorate it bless him! He absolutely loves cooking and has his own custom made apron which my friend Emma makes although he'd taken it off for the pic. After his tea when we could all have some he thinks its a birthday cake so started singing happy birthday awwww!


10 comments:

Dotpat said...

Fabulous card Vix, I love that stamp, must dig mine out.
Love your darling Ethan too, is he as cheeky as my Ethan ?
Dot

Debbie Dolphin said...

gorgeous vix. dont get a stylus tool I have a new unused set somewhere you can have(If i can find it)!!
debbie xxx

crafty creations said...

A stunning piece of artwork Vix - he's a little treasure too

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Juls said...

so gorgeous and magical!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Sparkle and Flourish said...

stunning stunning stunning!!! Your colouring is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at QP this week!
Hugs Judy x

Lorraine said...

Great card, Vix. She's gorgeous. Almost as gorgeous as the little 'un and the cake, lol.

Teresa said...

This is gorgeous Vix love it! love it! love everything about it.
Tell ETHAN TO SAVE ME A BIT OF HIS LOVELY CAKE!
Teresa x

Dotty Jo said...

Gasp! Totally gorgeous card Vix, and that cake looks yummy too! Jo x

angelwhispers said...

Fabulous card Vix!! The image is gorgous and I just love how you have coloured it!! Love Chanelle xx

Cath Wilson said...

I hope that isn't his PIECE of cake, lol. Looks good and he's obviously had fun, which is even better.

Love your colouring, Vix :)