Thursday 17 June 2010

An easel post it holder

Good evening! Hope you're all enjoying the gorgeous weather we're having! I've been in a right muddle this week with seeing my eldest DD off to Crete and dealing with my youngest DD who's 2 in a weeks time and her antics, you really DONT want to know!!

I've been literally drained this week with her and asked Teresa for the week off as I wasnt feeling too creative and been run off my ickle legs, of course she said yes being Teresa but today it was really nice out, the kids found some old toys I'd stashed so they were like 'new' to them and were having a ball so I managed to come up with this :D

Its an easel card combined with a post it note holder so it will last a long time for the recipient as the post it part is easily replaceable. I used the sketch from Sweet Pea Stampers and have used the image "It's my Birthday" by sweet pea stamps available at Crafts & Me (They also have some fab new stamp plates in this week and some very exciting news Photobucket so go have a looksie!)

BTW if you didn't know they also have a blog for the shop where all the DT post once a week plus we have customer creations days where you can submit your designs, have a look at it here as you might miss some fantastic designs & inspirations!

Image is coloured with promarkers with glamour dust on the wings, sakura stardust pens and stickles on the flowers. Its had a spray or three of pearl glimmer mist and added lots of sticky gems - there I feel better after my mans card hehe!
The post it holder opens up and can be replaced when you've run out :)
Cute little text stamps are by Stamping all Day, papers DCWV and not sure about the stripy one as Helen gave it me! Flowers are Wild Orchid (top ones altered with a promarker)


Entering into...

Sweet Pea Stampers - Sketch
My time to craft - Xtra special
One stitch at a time - Celebrations
Meljens - Fibres, ribbon or lace
Charisma - All about bling (Oh yes!) Photobucket








36 comments:

Dotpat said...

Fabulous Vix as usual, did you get my deco pages please

Teresa said...

This is a beautiful easel card and a brilliant idea so you can keep your creation on view and not storing away when the occasion is over.

Luv Teresa x

Leah l'Orange said...

seriously, indubitably, utterly HOT! vix, this is awesome!

by the way, sent a card your way a couple of days ago - be on the lookout! :)

Debbie Dolphin said...

B E A U T I F U L Vix.
Absolutely gorgeous.
Hope you have a good weekend to make up for the week youve had.
love debbie xxx
ps I thought i was already a follower but couldnt find you!!strange xxx

cheryl said...

wow this is a beauty,your attention to detail is just awesome,love it,many thanks for playing at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxx

Annie said...

Sat here with bottom jaw touching my chest - this is just inspired - LOVE it.
Ann xxx

Neet said...

utterly fabulous (fab-u-lous) and what a brilliant idea to use the post it note.

I love how you have incorporated things around the main image. Gor-juss as usual.

Sarah Anderson said...

This is absolutely stunning Vix, so, so fabulous...I love it! And so cool seeing you featured over on Inspirational :) :) :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I have just spend ages going through your blog and your work is stunning and this card is no exception. Truly inspirational. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

Diane said...

This is wonderful, Vix and such a great idea for a card and gift in one!
Any chance of knowing how you fix the post-it notes in place?
Diane x

KymKreates said...

this is fabulous!!!!

Lauretta See said...

OMG!!!!! This is stunning WOW!!! love your easel card.. WOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW great job!!
Thank you for playing with us this week on the MelJens challenge! Good luck!

Jen said...

This is so beautiful. Gorgeous colours and attention to detail.
Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Pea Stampers this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I arrived here via Inspirational and I'm so pleased I did. Following already - your creations are Divine with a capital D! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Awesome, amazing, am lost for words (not usual for me) - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
hugs,
Deb x

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Love the image and all the datail. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
/Hanna

Debbie said...

All that would come out of my mouth when I saw this was WOW WOW WOW. This is amazing

Josephine said...

Completely stunning, Vix. I love everything about it!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi there this is so beautiful I love the design and how you have used the sketch. The colours are really wonderful too. I just wanted to say congratulations on getting on Inspirational with this too. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale

Sue said...

Hi Vix
oh wow this is just stunning, awesome colouring, beautiful papers, luv the post it notes. Awesome creation, have great weekend, sue.x

Vee said...

Wow!!! this is gorgeous I love the soft colours and the fab design.Brilliant idea to incorporate the post it notes.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Juls said...

such a fabulous idea! Love the colours all the sparkle and the fabulous way you have used the ribbon! Hugs Juls

merniebug said...

Positively gorgeous. I love what you've done with the ribbon. Very eyecatching. Thanks for joining us at Meljen's for this weeks ribbon/lace challenge.

precious said...

What a beautiful easel card! I like the colors and the image looks so sweet!
dining tables

Lavender Rose said...

I can't think of enough superlatives to describe your wonderful piece of art, just stunning! I followed a link on the Inspirational blog.

The Stamp Man said...

Totally stunning!!!!!

Dana C (KyStamper) said...

Beautiful, Vix. You are so talented !!

joanne wardle said...

when I saw this on inspirational I hadn't realised it was a post it holder. it just gets better and better!
fantastic! beautiful!

Lorraine said...

Wow! Vix. That is seriously gorgeous, hun.

Nicola said...

Your post it easel card is utterly amazing Vix. The image, colouration and floral detail are so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Teri said...

Stunning card hun, love the colour combo and all the glitz.
Thanks for sharing at SPS this week!
Hugs,
Teri x

lis-m said...

All I can say is WOW !! you rock !! x

cockney blonde said...

Love it Vix, what a great idea. Take a peek here http://cockneyblonde.blogspot.com/2010/06/friday-sketchers-and-pile-it-on-and.html
It will be in the post tomorrow, first class, x

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love your coloring and how you did the ribbon. Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Georgeous! What a creative idea! Thanks for playing with Meljens this week:)

crafty amy said...

Hiya Vix Sorry I am late again and on my catch up for all my DT's. This is such a brilliant iea and as always your colouring and choice of colours is just incredible.
Thanks for joining us at sweet pea stampers as well :D

Hugs

Amy xx