Thursday 3 June 2010

Sweet Pea - Koi

Last night I was thinking I need to do my DT card for this week for Crafts and Me and had a rummage through my stamps. As I was a bit pushed for time I thought I'd go for one of the easier designs and for some reason my mind wandered off track and I picked up Koi which is one of the newer stamps in the range and one of the more challenging! I do like a challenge though lol! I think if I chose a wider range of colours it would be easier but I was sticking to an orange/yellow theme so had to think a bit to get a good contrast!

I've coloured her with promarkers and accented with sakura stardust pens. I used the blender pen quite a lot with this one to get the effects on her tail and clothes. The actual Koi and her tail I've painted with glossy accents and added glamour dust on the tail.
The ribbon I've coloured using a matching promarker (amber) and the background is starburst stains bachelor button blue which I've used a puddling technique so it looks like water. The little tag stamp can be found here.

Entering into...

Cute Card Thursday - Orange, blue and black

Charisma - Flowers

Quixotic - Go Wild (There is a fish there lol!)

Right-o I'm off on my first bike ride of the year, wish me luck lol! The kids love it so we're going down the trans pennine to grab some tea!



"KOI" can be purchased via Crafts & Me in the UK. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Leanne x

Murielle said...

Your card is very superb!
Marvellous look.
Hugs, Mumur

Debs said...

WOW this is beautiful chick...love the orange and yellow..enjoy your bike ride..Debs x

Dotpat said...

Gorgeous again Vix

Juls said...

wow!!! just incredibly gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Teresa said...

lovely Vix I love the orange colours and the background effect of water is a great idea.
Luv Teresa x

Tracy said...

Your colouring looks amazing, the floral arrangement is so beautiful. A very gorgeous creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carol said...

Simply STUNNING!! Really a WOW card, luv your lo and vibrant colours. Thanks for joining us at Charisma and good luck! Lotsa luv xxxx

Sue said...

Stunning card, luv the colour combo, beautifuo card,sue,x