Saturday 23 July 2011

Teachers Notebooks

Evening all!  What a busy week!  My lad had graduated from nursery this week and is off to Big School in September, wow!  I remember having him and working out what year he'd start school and 2011 seemed so far away then but its come in no time.  He's well prepared for it and knows exactly whats what and is ready, several times a day I'm getting "Am I going to Mrs Parry's class today?"  Its kinda like Are we there yet??  Only another 6 weeks to go lol!

For his leaving prezzies I made all the staff little notebooks and he made a card.  Here they are below with some destructions!  All were coloured with promarkers and have added lots of glitter and bling to them.  Most of the papers are by Bearly Mine

Gina did a tutorial for these previously but heres a quick and easy one.

Use the notepads from asda and remove the front cover so the top lined sheet shows.  Cut a piece of card 19cm x 13cm and score at 2", 2.25", 5.5", & 5.75".  Decorate then glue the pad inside.
To decorate I just minus 4mm so for the front panel which is 2" by 13cm I cut that size and take of 4mm and thats it!  The pieces are 13cm x 2" (2 of these), 13cm x 0.5" (4 of these) 13cm x 1.75" (2 of these) and 13cm x 3.25"


Image was a printable colouring page.
Image is by Wee Stamps
Image is by Victoria Case
Image is by Wee Stamps
Image is Forever Rose by Crafts & Me
And one for Claire his favourite teacher.  Ethan thought this image by The Greetings Farm looked like her, does a bit too!


And Ethans lovely card which is 2 of Mo Mannings digis merged and I added the extra writing on the wall.  These two remind me of Ethan and Molly so much lol!  I cant believe I let him loose with my promarkers eeeek!  Ahhh well he did great :D

5 comments:

Feebsy said...

The notebooks are such a wonderful idea, thanks for the inspiration. Ethan's card is super cute too. You're very brave letting him loose with your Promarkers!

Feebsy
xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lots of lovely makes, Vix. Ethan's is particularly precious! Hugs, Lesley

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh wow these are gorgeous a lovely gift for the teachers, luv the two cuties, sue,x

Lin said...

Wow Vix, I can see Ethan will soon be overtaking you in the colouring stakes, LMAO, well me, anyhow!!!!!

Your gorgeous creations must have been the best these teachers received and I am sure they were all delighted with them. All so beautifully coloured, as usual.

Lin xx

PS Good luck with 6 weeks worth of 'are we there yet'!

nessy said...

what a wonderful idea and i`m sure your son`s teachers will just love them.... as for letting him use your promarkers..... he has some talent..maybe some felt tips next time??
vanessa xx